Thursday, January 24, 2013

CHARACTER......from the Duggars


TRUTHFULNESS
vs. Deception
Earning future trust by
accurately reporting past facts
Ephesians 4:25
ALERTNESS
vs. Unawareness
Being aware of that which is
taking place around me so that
I can have the right responses
Mark 14:38
SELF-CONTROL
vs. self-indulgence
Instant obedience to the initial
promptings of
God’s Spirit
Galatians 5:24-25
WISDOM
vs. Natural Inclinations
Seeing and responding to life
situations from God’s frame of
reference
Proverbs 9:10
RESOURCEFULNESS
vs. Wastefulness
Wise use of that which others
would normally overlook or
discard
Luke 16:10
ORDERLINESS
vs. Disorganization
Preparing myself and my
surroundings so that I will
achieve the greatest efficiency
1 Corinthians 14:40
ATTENTIVENESS
vs. Unconcern
Showing the worth of a person
by giving undivided attention
to his words and emotions
Hebrews 2:1
OBEDIENCE
vs. Willfulness
Freedom to be creative under
the protection of divinely
appointed authority
II Corinthians 10:5
HOSPITALITY
vs. Loneliness
Cheerfully sharing food,
shelter, and spiritual
refreshment with those God
brings into my life
Hebrews 13:2
REVERENCE
vs. Disrespect
Awareness of how God is
working through the people
and events in my life to
produce the character of Christ
in me
Proverbs 23: 17-18
DISCERNMENT
vs. Judgment
The God-given ability to
understand why things happen
I Samuel 16:7
THRIFTINESS
vs. Extravagance
Not letting myself or others
spend that which is not
necessary
Luke 16:11
INITIATIVE
vs. Unresponsiveness
Recognizing and doing what
needs to be done before I am
asked to do it
Romans 12:21
SENSITIVITY
vs. Callousness
Exercising my senses so that I
can perceive the true spirit and
emotions of those around me
Romans 12:15
SINCERITY
vs. Hypocrisy
Eagerness to do what is right
with transparent motives
1 Peter 1:22
GENEROSITY
vs. Stinginess
Realizing that all I have
belongs to God and using it for
His purposes
II Corinthians 9:6
DILIGENCE
vs. Slothfulness
Visualizing each task as a
special assignment from the
Lord and using all my energies
to accomplish it
Colossians 3:23
FAITH
vs. Presumption
Visualizing what God intends
to do in a given situation and
acting in harmony with it
Hebrews 11:1
CONTENTMENT
vs. Covetousness
Realizing that God has
provided everything that I
need for my present happiness
I Timothy 6:8
RESPONSIBILITY
vs. Unreliability
Knowing and doing what both
God and others are expecting
me to do
Romans 14:12
JUSTICE
vs. Fairness
Personal responsibility to
God’s unchanging laws
Micah 6:8
VIRTUE
vs. Impurity
The moral excellence and
purity of spirit that radiate
from my life as I obey God’s
word
II Peter 1:5
JOYFULNESS
vs. Self-pity
The spontaneous enthusiasm
of my spirit when my soul is in
fellowship with the Lord
Psalm 16:11
THOROUGHNESS
vs. Incompleteness
Knowing what factors will
diminish the effectiveness of
my work or words if neglected
Proverbs 18:15
DISCRETION
vs. Simple-mindedness
The ability to avoid words,
actions, and attitudes which
could result in undesirable
consequences
Proverbs 22:3
PUNCTUALITY
vs. Tardiness
Showing high esteem for other
people and their time
Ecclesiastes 3:1
HUMILITY
vs. Pride
Recognizing that God and
others are actually responsible
for the achievements in my
life
James 4:6
COMPASSION
vs. Indifference
Investingwhatever is
necessary to heal the hurts of
others
I John 3:17
BOLDNESS
vs. Fearfulness
Confidence that what I have to
say or do is true and right and
just in the sight of God
Acts 4:29
FLEXIBILITY
vs. Resistance
Not setting my affections on
ideas or plans which could be
changed by God or others
Colossians 3:2
DEPENDABILITY
vs. Inconsistency
Fulfilling what I consented to
do even if it means
unexpected sacrifice
Psalm 15:4
LOVE
vs. Selfishness
Giving to others basic needs
without having as my motive
personal reward
I Corinthians 13:3
TOLERANCE
vs. Prejudice
Acceptance of others as
unique expressions of specific
character qualities in varying
degrees of maturity
Philippians 2:2
DECISIVENESS
vs. Double-mindedness
The ability to finalize difficult
decisions based on the will
and ways of God
James 1:5
GENTLENESS
vs. Harshness
Showing personal care and
concern in meeting the needs
of others
I Thessalonians 2:7
FORGIVENESS
vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those
who have wronged me and
allowing God to love them
through me
Ephesians 4:32
AVAILABILITY
vs. Self-centeredness
Making my own schedule and
priorities secondary to wishes
of those I am serving
Philippians 2:20-21
SECURITY
vs. Anxiety
Structuring my life around that
which is eternal and cannot be
destroyed or taken away
John 6:27
CREATIVITY
vs. Under-achievement
Approaching a need, a task, an
idea from a new perspective
Romans 12:2
CAUTIOUSNESS
vs. Rashness
Knowing how important right
timing is in accomplishing
right actions
Proverbs 19:2
DETERMINATION
vs. Faint-heartedness
Purposing to Accomplish
God’s goals in God’s timing
regardless of the opposition
II Timothy 4:7-8
DEFERENCE
vs. Rudeness
Limiting my freedom in order
not to offend the tastes of
those God has called me to
serve
Romans 14:21
PERSUASIVENESS
vs. Contentiousness
Guiding vital truth around
another’s mental roadblocks
II Timothy 2:24
ENDURANCE
vs. Giving-up
The inward strength to
withstand stress to accomplish
God’s best
Galatians 6:9
PATIENCE
vs. Restlessness
Accepting a difficult situation
from God without giving Him
a deadline to remove it
Romans 5:3-4
ENTHUSIASM
vs. Apathy
Expressing with my spirit the
joy of my soul
I Thessalonians 5:16,19
GRATEFULNESS
vs. Unthankfulness
Making known to God and
others in what ways they have
benefited my life
I Corinthians 4:7
LOYALTY
vs. Unfaithfulness
Using difficult times to
demonstrate my commitment
to God and to those whom He
has called me to serve
John 15:13
MEEKNESS
vs. Anger
Yielding my personal rights
and expectations to God
Psalm 62:5

No comments: